Saturday, July 24, 2010

I'm His Water Girl

Brad is crossing one thing off of his bucket list and has signed up to run in the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington DC on October 31st.  He started his training about a month ago and is already up to running 11 miles!  I'm a runner too...but not an 11 mile kind of runner.  I usually like to stay somewhere between the 3-6 mile range.  I'm always up for running 5K and 10K races (I'll be running the Marine Corps 10K while Brad runs the marathon), but I haven't quite challenged myself to running a half or full marathon yet.  Who knows, maybe sometime in the future...

Anyhow, I wanted to support Brad on his long runs, so I've been riding my bike beside him and having a nice supply of water ready whenever he needs replenishing.  I'm his official water girl!  Two weeks ago, I went out and bought a basket for my bike so Bailey can come too and we can make the marathon training a family event!  Check out these pics from Brad's last run...




1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for the Marathon! Poor Brad's going to really miss you on that bike when he hits mile 20.. Taylor tells me that's when you really need someone to push you through "the wall".

    ps. Molly's jealous of the basket :)

    ReplyDelete