Monday, July 19, 2010

An Update on "My List"

When I started my blog back in June my first post was "My List."  "My List" was basically a list of resolutions that I wanted to achieve this summer.  Nobody has been holding me accountable to the list except myself, so I thought I'd give you an update on how I'm doing. 

1. No TV until after 8:00 pm. 
I thought this one was going to be hard, but it hasn't been at all.  I haven't missed watching TV in the afternoons and it has kept me from taking two hour afternoon naps. 
2. Always be reading a book
What Happens When Women Say Yes to God by Lysa TerKeurst
What Happens When Woman Walk in Faith by Lysa TerKeurst
The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
3. Get to know my neighbors
4. Work out 4 times a week
Running...lots of running.  Brad's been training for a marathon, so I've been joining him on his shorter runs.
5. Memorize scripture (new verse once a week)
I've missed a few weeks here and there, but I'd definitely like to keep up on this one once the school year begins. 
6. Call my Grandmother every week
My grandmother is the busiest 79 year old woman I know...I've tried calling her, but she never seems to be at home!  We've been able to talk a few times on the phone, but I do have plans to visit her in two weeks.  She's claimed that she'll "pencil me in" her schedule ;)
7. Keep my fingernails painted at all times to keep from biting them!


8. Start a blog [check]

1 comment:

  1. 1. I've given up TV as well.. although I sometimes reward my self by watching a little during Grayson's naps. It's amazing how much I get done now!

    2. I just started the book "Twelve Extraordinary Women" by John MacAruthur.. I highly recommend it! It's about how God shaped women of the Bible and what he wants to do with YOU. So relevant in my life right now as I try and figure out what God wants from me besides being a mom :)

    3. I love my neighbors (well except for the ones who won't talk to us because our dog poops to close to their fence..) crazies. My other neighbors just gave us a huge basket full of peaches. I made my first Peach Crumble. SO YUMMY! Thanks Dawn and Allen :)

    4. Well, I wish I could say I've been working out 4 times a week.. I guess if you consider carrying, chasing and loving on my cute chunk all day a "work out..."

    5. I definitely need to memorize more scripture! Thanks for the reminder

    6. Calling my grandparents is something I should do more often. Maybe I'll give them a call today..

    7. I've found that when my fingernails get long my baby starts getting mysterious scratches and marks on his little body

    8. I think I'll just keep commenting on yours instead :)

    LOVE YOU. MISS YOU.

    ReplyDelete