Monday, July 19, 2010

We Don't Have Any Drawers in Our Bathroom

We don't have any drawers in our bathroom.  We have Jack and Jill sinks with those silly false drawers underneath.  A drawerless bathroom is a pain.  Whenever you want to do the simplest thing, like brush your teeth, you have to reach under the cabinet and pull out the shower basket that you bought when you went off to college.  Ultimately, items get left out on the counter because you're tired of reaching under the cabinet to get your basket.  It's a vicious cycle and one that has yet to be rectified in the Porter household. 


After getting fed up with our bathroom looking like this (above), I did a little research and did something about it.

1.  I bought these cool tip-out trays and hinges online from The Hardware Hut.  They were a little more expensive than I wanted to pay, but let's face it, something needed to be done and I was willing to pay the price.  $35.00 including shipping.




2.  I bought some pretty decorative hardware from Target. 


3.  I hired a cute Clemson grad to do all the work for me.


4.  I served him lemonade when he got hot and sweaty.


Now my bathroom is completely functional and I don't have to use my shower basket any longer!  The finished drawers look like this...


And my bathroom will stay clean like this...

1 comment: