Saturday, November 6, 2010

A Marathon with Memories...


Brad, Taylor, Ashley

Since June, my sweet hubby has been training for the Washington DC Marine Corps Marathon.  If you're a Daily Portion follower, you probably remember my previous post about his training.  Until you've actually trained for a marathon (or are a wife of a marathon runner), it's hard to appreciate how long and difficult and time consuming marathon training can be.  I can think of so many times Brad gave up time with friends, family, and even one another just so he could go RUN.  Needless to say, I think I was just as excited as he was to see race day finally arrive.  So this past Halloween weekend, my hubby, my brother-in-law Taylor, some close friends from Charleston, and 30,000 other crazy runners took on DC in a 26.2 mile run!  All the wives ran the 10K and were able to meet up with our husbands after the race.  Here are some great pictures from race day!

Brad at Mile 16...still going strong!

The 10K runners...

Lisa running 10K

Candace working it in her running skirt!

Me running the 10K

Lisa at the finish line

Craig and Candace
Ashley and Lisa

Candace, Mary, and Craig

Me and my hubby!

Me, Brad, Ashley, Lisa

Taylor, Me, Bradley, Ashley, Lisa


After the race we were finally able to see some of the sights around DC...

Me and Bradley

Lisa and Ashley

Nancy and Grayson

Taylor, Lindsay, and Grayson

The tired crew waiting to drive home

Brad and I had a chance to meet up with my college roomie and her hubby and walk through the Mall area.   We even got to see some crazy people at the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear...

Elizabeth, Livingston, Brad, Me

The Rally

Rally

Brad at Smithsonian Museum

Me with Mr. Caveman.  Tee-Hee :)

1 comment: