Monday, November 29, 2010

Deck the Halls


Bailey with her stocking ;)

I was having the hardest time getting into the Christmas spirit this year and I wasn't sure why.  I thought maybe it was because I'm an North Carolina girl that is used to a much colder December than Charleston has to offer.  Or maybe it was because I hadn't started any of my Christmas shopping yet.  Or maybe it's because I've been trying to hang on to Fall for as long as I possibly can...

Well after a wonderful Thanksgiving spent at my in-laws, Brad and I came home and did our traditional post-Thanksgiving Christmas decorating.  After putting all of my pumpkins *sigh* back in storage, we busted out six large boxes of Christmas decor and made a day of it!  We played Christmas music and reminisced about sentimental tree ornaments.  Slowly but surely our house was transforming from Fall to Winter...and I finally started to feel in the Christmas spirit!  All it took was a little Harry Connick Jr. Christmas tunes, a lit tree, and time spent with my hubby decorating the house.  There is nothing like decorating to get you excited about the holidays :)  Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la!



Willow Tree nativity scene.  

Simple decorating...

My Buyers Choice Carolers...a Jenkins trademark decoration!

This is SO easy to do...I got the pine needles and magnolia leaves from
my back yard.  Free decorations that are beautiful are the best ;)

Ornaments hanging from my dining room chandelier.

Our tree skirt was bought in Truckee, CA on a family vacation.  I think
of Cara and the Besio family every time we put the skirt out.

An easy decoration...and you get to eat it too!  My favorite ;)

My new $4.00 shutters from Habitat Restore.

My grandmother, Mama Ann, always had Andy's Mints on hand.
I bought these to remember every Christmas spent in Red Springs.

Red apples to accent the greenery...


Simple table setting.


I love decorating my tea cups each season.  


The Family Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment